Saturday, August 30, 2008

You say it's your birthday,

it's my birthday too.

Well, it was yesterday. And I'm having people over in about 15 minutes, so I'll just stop in to make a suggestion. It's definitely nowhere near precise enough to be a recipe, but it's a bit more conceived than an idea, so, indeed, we'll call it a suggestion. It's what I'm drinking for my birthday, and it's probably what you should be drinking too, special day or no (I mean... every day is special, right?)


It's a lime-honey whiskey sour, and it's delicious. It's like this: combine two parts room-temperature lime juice and one part honey, stir or shake until the honey is somewhat dissolved (it won't want to, so it might take some effort). Shake with ice and whiskey to taste (might I suggest somewhere around the amount of lime?), pour into a glass, and top with a dash of soda water.

No comments: